Sunday, January 9, 2011

Mac-n-Cheese & Menu-planning Monday!

As I mentioned last week, this week was an EASY dinner week since my husband was out-of-town.  We actually ended up having lots of frozen pizza and cereal!  lol  BUT we did make my sister's homemade Mac-n-Cheese and the kids LOVED it!  Here's the recipe...


Ingredients:
-  2 cups Macaroni or shell noodles
-  Cream of Chicken Soup
-  Cheddar Cheese - grated
-  Milk (optional)

1.  Cook & drain noodles. 
2.  Stir in Cream of Chicken Soup & cheddar cheese.  How much cheese is up to you... (I think I used about 2 cups.)  If you'd like you can add a splash of milk to make it a little creamier...
3.  Sprinkle a thin layer of cheese on top - or you could even add bread crumbs on top!
4.  Pour into a 9x13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until the cheese melts.

YUM!



Back to cooking this week, which I'm actually excited for...  You can only take so much of spaghettio's and ramen noodles!  lol

Monday - Dinner with friends!
TuesdaySkillet Lasagna / Garlic Bread / Salad
Wednesday -  Cheesy Broccoli Rice Chicken Casserole
Thursday -  Tacos / 7-layer Bean Dip
Friday -  DATE NIGHT!
SaturdaySweet & Sour Meatballs / Rice
Sunday -  BBQ French Dip Sandwiches / Potato Salad or Funeral Potatoes


2 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds delicious. I never thought of making lasagna in a skillet before. As much as we love lasagna around here, I always dread making it, because it is so labor intensive on the prep side. I may just have to try it this way.

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I copied and pasted your mac and cheese recipe into my to try file. My daughter is a mac and cheese fanatic. I will make this for her soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails