As I mentioned last week, this week was an EASY dinner week since my husband was out-of-town. We actually ended up having lots of frozen pizza and cereal! lol BUT we did make my sister's homemade Mac-n-Cheese and the kids LOVED it! Here's the recipe...
1. Cook & drain noodles. 2. Stir in Cream of Chicken Soup & cheddar cheese. How much cheese is up to you... (I think I used about 2 cups.) If you'd like you can add a splash of milk to make it a little creamier... 3. Sprinkle a thin layer of cheese on top - or you could even add bread crumbs on top! 4. Pour into a 9x13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until the cheese melts.
Back to cooking this week, which I'm actually excited for... You can only take so much of spaghettio's and ramen noodles! lol
I LOVE fruit pizza & my I have a couple different recipes for it. This one is my "easy" version - still VERY delicious - that I got from a neighbor... So good!
(I made a pan for my family & then my own personal one that I didn't have to share! lol)
-Sugar Cookie Dough (I just use the premade Pillsbury Dough but you can also make your own from scratch.)
-8 oz. Cream Cheese
-Fruit (Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries, Raspberries, Kiwi, Pineapple, Mandarin Oranges, etc.)
1. Spread Cookie Dough on pizza or cookie pan and bake according to instructions. Let cook completely.
2. Beat together Marshmellow Creme & Cream Cheese.
3. Spread marshmellow/cream cheese mixture on cooled cookie crust.
4. Arrange fruit.
5. Chill for an hour (unless you are like me and just CAN'T wait!)
My meal plan this week is WAY simple because my husband is out-of-town all week! I am planning on easy kid-friendly recipes...
Monday - Pizza Sandwiches Tuesday - Spaghetti (My kids favorite; the meal my husband DREADS!) Wednesday - Grilled Cheese Sandwiches & Tomato Soup Thursday - Shepherd's Pie (Maybe? But truthfully it will probably end up being Spaghetti'Os!) Friday - Weiner Boats Saturday - Aunt Kristen's Mac & Cheese (IF I can talk her into giving me her secret recipe!) Sunday - Leftovers!